Monday, December 21, 2015

'Tis the season : Children's book & animation : All I Want For Christmas !









All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 

All we want for Christmas is Mariah Carey's new book. Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You, one of the bestselling and most beloved songs of all time, brings Christmas joy to countless listeners of all ages every year. 






Well, for the first time since it was released in 1994, Mariah Carey's version of All I Want For Christmas Is You is no longer the most-played song of the holiday season at stores and retail chains.


No problem, the book is here since November 10,2015.






All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 


Now the classic lyrics brings that same holiday spirit to readers of all ages in this one-of-a-kind picture book about a young girl whose greatest Christmas wish is for a new puppy! 

Full of festive December moments with family, friends, presents, and of course, Santa Claus. 


Featuring lively festive illustrations alongside the complete song lyrics, All I Want for Christmas Is You can be a cherished part of some family Christmas traditions.

The singer was set to make her children's book debut with All I Want for Christmas Is You, a picture book inspired by Carey's hit song. 

The book includes a special Christmas letter from Mariah to her fans! 




All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 

Keeping the song’s title, the Carey penned and Colleen Madden illustrated picture book follows an animated Mariah (meant to be a younger girl as she tries to get a puppy for Christmas). The story stars a young girl who wants to receive a puppy for Christmas as I wrote.


"When I wrote All I Want For Christmas Is You it was my dream for it to become a classic Christmas song," (...) "I am so proud of the song's impact as it continues to create memories for fans each year." 

Mariah Carey








Mariah Carey video scholars will also notice that the book cover, illustrated by Colleen Madden, looks just like animated Mariah in the "Heartbreaker" video by Jay-Z raper, complete with flowing blonde hair covering half her face.


She addes:"I am thrilled to be able to bring the story of the song to new generations of families with the picture book." 

"I am so proud of the song's impact as it continues to create memories for fans each year." 




Education:

Well, my usual readers know I wrote on this blog Books & Pop Singers : strategy for new readers. Even on my blog for students High on the Clouds by Paul  
McCartney.

Mariah Carey is more a reference to parents and teachers. But why not let their little students and kids discover the illustrated book by the singer? 

She has  deep affection for her Christmas's book. And it seems lovely.

There are Christmas picture books on my shelves which come out year after year, and have done since childhood. Books which are part of family tradition, passed down from generation to generation.

One of the great pleasures of life is to sit near the Christmas tree with a small child and a picture book, taking the time to pore over every illustration, examining every magic detail.

It is always my greatest joy Christmas books. And I think all teachers and parents share the same feeling.






All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 


  • Target: up-to 3-6

I believe that every parent should be closely involved with the books and ideas their children are presented with. And if you find them as compelling as I do, share them with your young students in the classroom. 

Children love to read aloud and to hear their teacher do it. They look at us so quiet, their eyes brightening as the stars.






All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 

So as parents or teachers, if you are a fan of All We Want for Christmas song, the illustrated book by Mariah Carey and Colleen Madden (illustrator) can be lovely for Christmas.




All I Want for Christmas is You
Mariah Carey
illustration: Colleen Madden 

In 2017, inspired by Mariah Carey’s 2015 children’s book, which was in turn inspired by Carey’s 1994 hit song by the same name, All I Want for Christmas is You tells the holiday story of a young girl named Mariah (voiced by Breanna Yde, and by Carey in voice cover) who wants beyond anything else to get a dog for Christmas, much to the dismay of her allergic parents. 

But Mariah won’t settle for just any dog; she wants the most perfect dog in the pet store, a poochon named Princess, with whom Mariah can proudly walk in her local charity fashion show and earn the respect of the cool girls in school. 








Mariah’s dad relents, but on the condition that she first takes care of the rowdy, untrained mutt Jack. As Mariah struggles to clean up after Jack and to manage her own expectations of what makes a perfect dog, she discovers in the end what she truly wants for Christmas.

If you find them as compelling as I do, share them with your youngest students.

Children's books remember us how magical is childhood.

G-Souto

22.12.2015
update 29.11.2017
Copyright © 2017G-Souto'sBlog, gsouto-digitalteacher.blogspot.com®

Creative Commons License
'Tis the season : Children's book & animation : All I Want For Christmas !bG-Souto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment